Wednesday, March 14, 2012

IF Yield

This little bear is happy to yield the right of way to his little bunny friend! And the bunny is delighted to charge ahead in his little car. This topic made me think of how often in our life we choose to yield to others! I do it for so many different reasons and I not sure sometimes it is the right thing to do. I yield to my Mothers wishes most of the time as she is not in her right mind and not to yield would cause her distress and would confuse her more. I put my foot down when that decision might hurt her. I yield to my Children sometimes just to keep piece in the family and sometimes just to help them along in their journey. I know that is what parents all over the world do. I yield to people that have strong convictions if I don't have an opinion on the subject, as not having enough information would keep me in the background. But I don't yield when I feel my character or beliefs in life are challenged. I try to live in the truth as much as possible and when someone comes from lies and deceit enters my space I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stick straight out! I have watched these untruth doers over and over try to manipulate my life to make theirs what they want it to be. I think what a waste of time and energy they are spending on something they won't achieve. WOW how did such a heavy subject come out of such a simple topic and a children's illustration? Guess it is some of the stuff I see going on in my everyday life. It's a beautiful day here so a drive down to the beach to stare at that vast ocean is on my list of things to do. I hope you are free of manipulative people and that you have a beautiful special space you can retreat to if needed. Life is not always easy and we need to take advantage of the calm and peaceful times. Enjoy the small moments.......

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Great little car and love the red spotted bird, watching from above. Women are definitely taught in most cultures to be more "yielding". But from your description, you have a pretty good handle on it. I definitely agree that if I don't have a strong conviction about something, I let people have their way. If I do have a strong conviction, I will speak up or I know I'll regret it later. So, don't worry too much! Sounds like you're doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete