Monday, March 28, 2011

IF Toy

Red Riding Hood likes her LITTLE wolf toy. This is just the right size for her. I seem to be obsessed with Little Red Riding Hood lately. I guess the color red makes me happy. I don't have much pure red in my home but touches of shades of red are all around.... I heard today a young man that I knew had passed away. He died peacefully in his sleep and the night before he passed he shared with his Sister how happy he was. He isn't the first one to go lately that had stated just how Life was really good for them. We joked and said we would try to remember not to say if we were really really happy. I'm not really really happy as I believe there is so much more that I can do. I would love to see my Grandchildren grow up and know more of the story and how it turns out. I am pleased for my friend as he had a tough time with a mental illness. So to know he felt so good pleases me. I know we never know what lies ahead and I truly try to take it one day at a time. I try to remember just how short life is and to tell those I love that I do love them. I try to remember to really feel the Sun on my face and the wind in my hair. And to capture and save the smiles on my Families faces. Life can be wonderful and can be sucky too. I think we all just put one foot in front of the other and try not to trip and fall. I know I do just that and when I fall I get up and as the song says dust myself off and start all over again.......

7 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful painting. I love the little wolf. I wish all our "wolves" could be miniaturized like that little wolf toy. (I'm thinking particularly of the problems we are facing in Japan right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the big, scary wolf has become a happy plaything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that painting. I told you that the other day. I have been a fan of red for a long time - you know much about it. :)

    I agree with dosankodebbie about miniaturizing our wolves. I think if we put our minds and hearts into it, we can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great nice textures, nice character!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delicious! It's beautiful. I love working with gouache. It's like working with watercolor. It's really opaque and dries flat. You can use watercolor over it and acrylic as well. Thanks for asking.
    V

    ReplyDelete