Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here is my latest painting. It is quite large and done on canvas. I want to take the time to wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year. My Father had a toast he liked to say it was HHS. Health, Happiness and Success! This is what I wish for all of you and your families. I'm not doing anything special for new years eve this year as staying home and being warm appeals to me.It is my Son's birthday and I have made him a Wacky Cake for his day for many years. My Mother-in-law also made my ex one of his Birthday so I have tried to carry on the tradition. They are yummy and egg-less, I think a depression cake. Many parties later I find myself ready to face the new year with hope and optimism. I have signed on to show some of my art at a new gallery in town. I will show my work for the month of February. So wish me luck and I will charge ahead, unafraid of rejection and failure. Failure eek...I hate that word. I will take it out of my vocabulary...its cold here....don't like the cold my Cat won't leave me alone she uses me as a electric blanket....and when I try to paint she puts her tail in the paint....silly cat...have a good one love to all......

3 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooooooo WONDERIFICAL!!!! I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT!!!! Such a wonderful illustration. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful illustration! May 2011 be filled w/ all things wonderful for you and yours! Congrats on getting out into a gallery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting reminds me of the Christmas candy my grandmother used to send us from the US when I was very young. I thought it was the most amazing candy I had ever seen. I imagine the colors of your painting each having a flavor of their own, and I just want to lick the painting!! (I hope you don't think that's gross)

    ReplyDelete