Sunday, October 24, 2010

Time races forward.....

This little Bunny is so excited his heart is racing after Betsy kissed him. It was his first kiss and he is sure he would like more of the same. Remember back to that first kiss and how wonderfully confused and excited you might have been. I was in 3rd or 4th grade and a little boy that had a crush on me planted one on my cheek. I don't remember doing much other than giggle, and times haven't changed I still giggle. I giggle as much as I can and not just about kissing. My Sister's Father-in-law just passed away after a year or so suffering from Altimers. You know I tend to put the realities of life in a place far away from my everyday activities. And when they hit you or someone you love you are reminded how frail we humans are. Death is one I particularly try to avoid thinking about. When I was 15 years ago my best friend developed Cancer and for 14 years I helped her deal with the everyday changes that the disease brought. Death and dying became a topic we discussed weekly. She fought with dignity and humor and lived a somewhat normal life for those years. I know now that what I experienced was information for me to share with others as my life has gone on and for me to remember in my own life. I wish I knew for sure what happens after we die, but when many have gone ahead, it makes the whole thing not quite so scary. I don't want to miss anything and I have so many more paintings to get out of my brain. I would hate to not have that option to do. I try to live everyday as if it were my last. But yes, even I have been guilty of taking the time for granted. So again with Mr. Stuzman's passing I will be mindful of how little time we really have. I will kiss my family more today and tell them I love them, as I do often, and take the time to really look at things! My Cat whiskers, the flowers in the back yard. And try to promise to just sit and do nothing but listen to life passing by. Have a great week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment