Monday, December 6, 2010

Here is my newest post for Illustration Friday. Prehistoric is the topic and I designed this little dinosaur with bright and beautiful colors. He is an up to date animal even though he is a dinosaur. That is what I try to be as I age. Up to date, sometimes it is hard when aches and pains hit and you would rather stay home and draw than attend a function. I sometimes feel been there done that is my answer but then I have to remember that it is new to my Grand kids and they deserve a Grandmother that is fun and eager to do things with them. That is when I feel ashamed and grouchy.So like this little Dinosaur I will be colorful and fun and smile even when I am dreaming of my comfy bed waiting for me. I know that isn't being in the moment and enjoying everything the best I can....But sometime I can even be tired and sometimes I can wish to remain home. But I try to not do it to many times as if they get used to me not being with them they won't care! So as the Holiday festivities start I will put on my best mood and stop and remember how fast life goes by. And remember that it just seemed like yesterday that my kids were little and I was doing the same thing. I will will also be thankful that I can attend these things and really, really be happy for these little moments in time as THEY really do past by FAST!

2 comments:

  1. Great design on this guy, looks like he's frolicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how he's so bright and happy. Maybe he'll help me forget aches and pains too?

    ReplyDelete