Friday, March 18, 2011

IF Cultivate

Sorry to have missed last weeks topic but I had a horrible cold and my computer caught a virus too. No matter what I do I seem to find myself online in the wrong place and a nasty virus disables me for a while. My Son is so good and fixes it asap but I always feel guilty for catching it. I don't know how I do it. We have virus detectors and no forbidden sites were viewed, nothing fancy but I forget to look at the sites names and my Son says that is a dead giveaway for something that isn't right. I was looking for my old ballet teacher from when I was a child and some of the places that came up were confusing. But I won't go there again!...... Went to the Doctors yesterday as the cold that kept on giving just wouldn't go away. I feel better already and was just plain old tired of being sick. Thankfully it is minor compared to what many people go through on a daily basis.....especially those in Japan....I can not even grasp what they are going through and what they have if anything to look ahead to. I'm not sure we are being told the truth about the power plants and the impact it is having on the environment....somethings are just to frighting to even think about.......back to the IF topic Cultivate. I chose this painting of this little gardener happy and proud of what she has cultivated. We have some bulbs that are tiny yellow freesias. My Grandfather gave them to me 40 years ago. Each year in spite of being poked and mowed they come up around this time. What a sweet smell and how it brings back the wonderful memories of my beloved Grandfather. It is amazing how the sense of smell can bring back things. I talked to my Sister and she had one flower come up in her backyard. She ran around sharing it with her family and finally realized that Mother and I were probably the only ones that would truly appreciate the miracle it was. And she was right...we giggled and remembered together...I hope the people in Japan will soon be on the road to getting some kind of normalcy in their lives. But I wonder if they ever will, sometimes you just can't rebound !.......I am thinking of them and sending healing thoughts across the sea..........

6 comments:

  1. Enchanting! (as always) I love your style and use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words dosankodebbie. I know your heart is heavy after the horrible earthwake and aftermath. My warm thoughts are with you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors in your illos! A beautiful post to start the spring.
    Thanks a lot also for your welcome and kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Reminds me of Pennsylvania Dutch art, which reminds me of planting and growing things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should say that Linda. My Grandmother use to brag about being Pennsylvania Dutch. A lot of her cooking was in that line too. How about "Sugar Pie"? Yummmmmmmm, but only a bite....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this penny. Great style! Glad your starting to feel better. Funny that you and your computer got sick at the same time :o)

    ReplyDelete